Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wait, was that my Mr.?

As I quickly ran down the stairs to catch the L at 16th Street and 1st Avenue recently, I heard the man next to me say, "Miss, I love you, Miss. How can I share my life with you?" Not sure if he was talking to me, I kinda glanced over, but kept going. He repeated the come-on line again.

I responded with, "Excuse me?" Those of you that know me well, can see the face I was making at that moment.

Again, he said, "How can I share my life with you?"

I came back with, "Right now, at this moment in time*, you are. That's how you can share your life with me!"

"Huh?", he asked, not getting it. So I clarified. "Right now, on this staircase, at this exact minute*, you are sharing a part of my life!"

I hurried along and jumped on my waiting car alone...

*props to Sermier and my NUF family

1 comment:

  1. ah there's that lovely gene i inherited. the abilitty to make some witty, snarky, clever remark on a whim.

    ReplyDelete