Thursday, August 20, 2009

the angelic voice on the 2

Last week, a co-worker and I got on the train with a young lady wearing the required subway gear - an iPod. She was so in her groove, and she didn't seem to realize that she was on a hot, cramped subway car. Or she just didn't care! My co-worker and I got seats right when we got on, but she didn't. She stood directly in front of my buddy for several stops before the seat directly next to him opened up. I thought he was going to kill her. I tried making out who the artists she was karaoking to were, but couldn't. She knew them really well, not missing a single "uh, uh, uh", "oh yeah, oh yeah" or other filler phrase.

When my buddy got off at 110th, I told him to get a good look at her, because she'd probably be auditioning for American Idol soon.

Tourist tip: If you wanna pass as a native, bring your iPod with you. Especially if your stop is above 96th Street. Listening to something besides the ghetto dissertations helps keep you sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment