Monday, August 10, 2009

Elmo is a Blood

On Sunday nights, one of my co-workers and I ride the 2 train home together. It was around 8:30 and we pre-walked to the front of the platform to find seats.

At around Times Square, this young man got on that immediately caught my buddy's attention. To me, he was just another one of the many young riders that get on with the iPod on, bopping away in their own little world.

But my friend kept giggling as he watched him dance. At first the young man just swayed but at one point he made the area in front of the doors his own private ballroom.

The young man had on well-ornamented black jeans (not riding low, thank God), a red t-shirt and a red baseball cap. I commented to my friend about how the kid might be a Blood wannabe.

I never saw his face because he was standing away from us. Instead we were greeted by Elmo's face on the cap he wore backwards. It was almost as if Elmo was saying, "Don't worry my brutha, I got your back!"

Rest in peace Jim Henson...

No comments:

Post a Comment